The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, one of the best “walking sim” exploration games around, is making its Epic Games Store debut today and is available for free as part of the Epic Games Store’s Christmas festival.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is the fourth big game in the Epic Games Store 2021 Holiday giveaway.
This $19.99 game will be available for free on the Epic Games Store for 24 hours.
Simply claim the game, even if you have no immediate plans to download it, and it will be in your Epic Games library forever.
To grab today’s game, simply click this Epic Games Store link or navigate to it using their launcher, add it to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.
About The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:
When Ethan Carter goes missing, the story is told from his point of view. It is a mystery about exploration and discovery. Is Paul Prospero the kind of detective who is interested in the supernatural? Then try to figure out what happened to Ethan and what happened to his family!
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a first-person story-driven mystery game that focuses entirely on exploration and discovery. It contains no combat or explosions of any kind. If our game leaves any scars, we hope you won’t be able to see them.
You play the game as Paul Prospero, an occult-minded detective who receives a disturbing letter from Ethan Carter. Realizing the boy is in grave danger, Paul arrives at Ethan’s home of Red Creek Valley, where things turn out to be even worse than he imagined. Ethan has vanished in the wake of a brutal murder, which Paul quickly discerns might not be the only local murder worth looking into.
- Explore and interact with the beautiful yet ominous world of Red Creek Valley, created with the use of revolutionary photogrammetry technology.
- Communicate with the dead and see how they died in order to gather clues that help you piece together the truth.
- Experience, in a non-linear fashion, a story that combines the pleasures of pulp, private eye, and horror fiction.
- Conduct the investigation on your own terms and at your own pace. The game contains no combat of any kind, and a few scary bits in the game are less about terror and more about clammy unease.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)